Merrill F. West High School is a four-year, public comprehensive high school in Tracy, California. Located on the north-west side of town the school has a current enrollment of 2,500 students of diverse backgrounds. Our mascot is the Wolf Pack and our colors are Navy blue and Vegas gold. Our school was named for a Iowa native who moved to Tracy in 1936 as a farmer and served on the Tracy School Board for 11 years.
West High was established in 1993, participates in the CIF Sac-Joaquin Section athletic league and offers programs that reflect the needs of it's diverse population. West High attracts a sizable student population interested in the Space and Engineering Academy, Freshman Academic Learning Academy, Academy of Business and Law and the Advanced Placement program. In addition, West offers student programs in Agriculture, Fine Arts, and AVID.
West High Mission
We will provide all students with a safe, caring, and
engaging learning environment in preparation for college and careers.
West High Vision
West High will be a place where all students and all staff
develop positive relationships and where all students receive rigorous and
relevant instructional learning experiences including 21st Century
• Speak so others understand
• Listen actively
• Learn to successfully engage as professionals
• Share knowledge and resources
• Learn cooperatively
• Work together as a team
• Recognize and design solutions for real-world problems
• Persevere to solve problems
• Ask high-level questions
• Use information from multiple sources to solve problems
• Develop disciplinary literacy
• Develop and implement new ideas
• Experiment and create
• Embrace failure as an opportunity for growth