Advanced Placement—College courses for prepared high school students.
Through college-level AP courses, you enter a universe of knowledge that might otherwise remain unexplored in high school; through AP Exams, you have the opportunity to earn credit or advanced standing at most of the nation's colleges and universities.
With so many courses and exams across so many subject areas (more than a dozen subject areas at West High School), AP offers something for everyone. The only requirements are strong grades in previous courses, a strong curiosity about the subject you plan to study, and the willingness to work hard. Here are just a few reasons to sign up:
- Get a head-start on college-level work.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tackling rigorous course work.
- Demonstrate your maturity and readiness for college.
- Show your willingness to push yourself to the limit.
- Emphasize your commitment to academic excellence.
- Explore the world from a variety of perspectives, most importantly your own.
- Study subjects in greater depth and detail.
- Assume the responsibility of reasoning, analyzing, and understanding for yourself.