Dances & Proms at THS & WHS
Stein High School students who transferred from Tracy High School may attend Tracy High School's Girl’s Treat, and Junior/Senior Prom. Stein High School students must be currently* enrolled and are responsible for adhering to all dance requirements as outlined in the Tracy High School student handbook, including owing no fines and no more than 15 hours of Saturday school at THS. Attendance at any THS dance is at the discretion of the THS principal. Request a permission form from the THS office.
Stein High School students who transferred from West High School may attend West High School's Winter Ball and Junior/Senior Prom. Stein High School students must be currently enrolled* and are responsible for adhering to all dance requirements as outlined in the West High School student handbook, including owing no fines and no more than 15 hours of Saturday school at WHS. Attendance at any WHS dance is at the discretion of the WHS principal. Request a permission form from the WHS office.
*Students who graduate early, throughout the school year cannot purchase a dance bid. They may go as guests of a THS or WHS student.
Procedures for George and Evelyn Stein High School students inviting an out-of-district guest to any special dances are to follow the general eligibility guidelines, and:
a. Student requests a guest registration form from the school hosting the dance and returns it to Stein Principal.
b.The completed form must be submitted to the Stein H. S. principal by 12:30pm on the Monday before the scheduled dance. The completed form must be submitted to the Bookkeeper’s Office by 3:30pm one week prior to the dance. The assistant principal of the hosting school must approve all guests before they will be allowed to attend. Guests may not be over 20 years of age. Guests must be in good standing: no more than 15 hours of Saturday School, all fines cleared and good citizenship.
Winter Ball, Girl’s Treat and Prom Requirements for Stein HS student and guest:
1) Both dances are from to .
2) Students must have a current student picture ID card.
3) Guest must have a picture I.D. with date of birth. Guests must be in good standing: no more than 15 hours of Saturday School, all fees cleared, and good citizenship.
4) No guests over the age of 20 will be allowed.
5) Students must leave by
6) Students may not have more than 15 hours Saturday School by
1pm one week prior to the dance.
7) Students must not owe any fines or fees.
8) Any student serving an all day in-house suspension/support room
shall be ineligible.
9) No students will enter dances after 10:45 p.m.
10) Once a student leaves the dance, he/she may NOT return and must
11) If required by your school, a signed dance contract must be on file.
Guidelines for School Dances:
1) Dance moves may not imitate any overt sexual action.
2) Any individual removed from the dance will not receive a refund of their money.
3) Students are to conform to the school dress code at regular dances.
4) Students who fail to follow guidelines may have their dance privileges rescinded.
5) Students removed from a school dance for extreme defiance may be prohibited from attending all school dances for the remainder of the school year, including Winter Ball, and Junior/Senior Prom.