Summer Assignment for BC 2017-2018.
All of the following will be due the first Thursday back from break, on which day we will have our first test. Students are highly encouraged to begin in the weeks prior to the start of the school year.
1. Khan Academy Registration
- You may use an existing Khan Academy account or make a new account.
- Add me as your coach by using the class code: AQA82W
- Change your "Real name" to "LastName, FirstName", for example: "Trump, Donald" The spacing is important for alphabetizing the students on my end.
2. Khan Academy Exercises
- Complete a bunch of Limits exercises through Khan Academy (I have to push the exercises to your account once you have joined my class, please be patient and wait for them to appear).
Note: Common troubleshooting solutions are switching browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
Also Note: You might have already completed these exercises during precalculus. Please keep in mind that you are in BC Calculus now. It is important that you focus on comprehension and not just completion. Use these exercises to undertand ideas.
Also Also note: The exercises do not need to be completed in order
3. Schoology Registration
- You may use an existing schoology account or create a new account
- Join my class by using access code: 3JSNQ-QJZRV
- Complete the start of the year questionairre
4. Use the study guides below (coming soon) to prepare for the first test (limits).
We will have a test on limits on the first Thursday back. This will include graphical limits, both one and two sided. Analytical limits, both one and two sided. Limits at infinity. The limit definition of continuity. Analytical methods for evaluating limits which produce the indeterminate form, and more!