Students must earn a C or better in precalculus or Algebra II or get teacher approval.
AB Statistics is an Advanced Placement level mathematics course. At the end of the course, students may sit for the AP Statistics Test and possibly earn 3 college credits. This course is taught as a college-level course and covers 1 semester of college Statistics.
- Exploring Data: describing patterns and departures from patterns
- Sampling and experimentation: planning and conducting a study
- Anticipating patterns: exploring random phenomena using probability and simulation
- Statistical inference: estimating populations parameters and testing hypotheses
Why pass the AP Test?
- 1 year of UC education costs about $30,000 for 30 credits ($1,000 per credit). The AP Calculus BC test costs about $90 for 3 credits ($30 per credit).
- Passing the test looks great on college applications.
- If your college major does not require upper level mathematics, you might never have to take math again.
- You get to brag to your friends.