Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
Monte Vista Middle School > FAQ's > pages > default
Frequently Asked Questions...
What do enquiring minds want to know?
Ask and we will find the answers.
1. What should I do if I have a concern about my child? 
  • First discuss matters with your child’s teachers. Often times, this will take care of a situation. However,  if questions or concerns remain...
  • Then discuss matters with the school administrator.

2. Do we have counselors? Yes, we do. Two full-time counselors are available to serve the educational, vocational, social, and personal needs of our students.

3. How do I make an appointment? If you wish to see them, go to the office before school, during break or lunch, or after school to arrange for an appointment. One of the counselors will then  send a pass for you at the appropriate time.

At Monte Vista we also offer the use of the conflict resolution to assist in solving problems you may have with other students. Conflict resolution uses problem solving techniques to help students come to an understanding of each other’s view point and reach a mutual beneficial conclusion to the situation. Students can request to see a counselor about conflict resolution by completing a form that is available in the school waiting area.

4. Is it possible to get a message to my child during the school day? Messages to students should be of an urgent or emergency nature only. Only messages received from parents or legal guardians can be delivered to students. Students will be sent messages as quickly as possible and emergency messages will be handled appropriately.

5. Can changes be made to a student's schedule? No schedule changes will be made during the first two weeks of school. Beginning the third week of school, a student may submit a schedule change request form with permission from the teacher and parent. These requests are to be turned in to the counseling office after a parent/guardian and the teacher have signed them. Schedule changes will not be allowed after the close of the third week of school (or of any quarter period).

6. What is the policy about make-up work? Arrangements for makeup work must be made as soon as possible after an absence. The teacher will set time limits for the completion and return of the makeup work. If a student is going to be absent for two or more days parents may request assignments by phoning the attendance office at 830-3340. Requests must be made no later than 10:00 a.m. on the day you wish to pick up the makeup work. The makeup work can be picked up in the attendance office between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m. Any student who is truant, cuts class or leaves school without permission will not receive credit for the time missed in class and no makeup work will be provided.