Spring has sprung here at McKinley School. We are entering a very busy time where students in 3rd thru 5th grade students have started SBAC testing. We are very proud of our students’ progress. We are confident the students will continue to improve. You may be wondering how you can make this process a positive one for your student. Here are some suggestions:
· Make sure your child goes to bed early each night. Adequate rest helps children to avoid fatigue.
· Pack an extra snack for your child to enjoy during breaks, children’s
appetites seem to increase during testing.
· Encourage your child to do his/her best.
· Stress to your child that although the testing is important, you are confident in their ability to do their very best.
· Make sure your child is in school and on time each day. Students who arrive late will disrupt the testing environment and this causes additional stress to the child.
· Talk to your child daily, asking how he/she feels about the testing. Showing your interest will increase your child’s desire to achieve.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at