New Student Registration
Are you new to the Tracy area and looking to register your student for High School?
Tracy Unified is divided into school attendance boundaries or zones based on our district’s geography. Your home address will determine your school attendance boundary. To verify your child’s school attendance boundary, contact the district’s Student Services Department at (209) 830-3280 or the Facilities Department at (209) 830-3245. The school district is the only official source of attendance boundary information – please do not rely on other sources for this important information.
What information is required to register my child?
Only a child’s parent or legal guardian can register a student for school. Parents must pick up a student registration packet at the assigned school site, complete the paperwork and compile the necessary documentation, and return the completed packet to the school site at which time the school will schedule an appointment with a counselor. Each of the following pieces of documentation are required in order to receive an appointment:
- A picture identification of the parent or legal guardian
- The student’s physician's stamped, up-to-date immunization record which should include the new Td booster requirement. This is a yellow card that can be provided by your child’s doctor.
- Proof of residency within Tracy Unified district boundaries. This will include four documents, the "Address Declaration Affidavit" form plus three supporting documents. The "Address Declaration Affidavit" requires a parent to sign in person at the school while turning in forms or have notarized if the parent is unavailable. The three supporting documents include 1) a recent copy of your San Joaquin County Tax Bill or Mortgage Statement or a copy of the Lease/Rental Agreement in the parent’s name showing the property address, 2) a current utility bill such as electricity, garbage or water bill in parent’s name showing the property address and lastly, 3) one of the following in parent's name:
- a) Proof of residency from the San Joaquin County Registrar of Voters
- b) Current DMV vehicle registration showing residence address
- c) One other recent bill mailed to you at your residence address
- d) Recent paycheck stub showing residence address.
- A birth certificate or acceptable equivalent must be provided.
- Transcript from prior school
- Withdrawal Grades (if enrolling during school year)
- Copy of California High School Exam results (for all Junior and Senior students)
- Most recent IEP (if student is in Special Education)
Do I need to provide any additional information if my family is residing in Tracy with a relative or friend?
Yes. When parents and their students are living in the home of a relative or friend, additional information is required to register students in a Tracy Unified school. A "Residency Affidavit” form must be completed. This form must be signed by the student’s parent as well as the Tracy resident who is hosting the student’s family. The Tracy resident must be present when the form is submitted to the school, and is required to provide a picture identification and proof of residency.
When will registration appointments be available for New Students for 2015-2016 school year ?
Schools re-open on August 1, 2015. Please call the Kimball Registrar 209-832-6600 X4031 beginning May 1 for available registration dates and times.