John C. Kimball High School
- Is being in Kimball High Leadership for you?
- Do you wonder what it would be like to build on traditions for the "Home of the Jaguars"?
- Do you enjoy being a part of school activities that promote school pride and spirit?
- Are you a student who wants to make a difference in your school, community, and our country?
If the answer is YES to these questions, please take this opportunity to read on and learn more about Leadership at Kimball High!
The Leadership curriculum will include:
- teambuilding, setting values for KHS
- problem solving and decision making strategies
- goal setting for traditions of KHS
- planning service learning projects for the school, community, and the world
- building self-esteem and confidence
- applying communication and leadership skills
- balancing academics and activities possibly with athletics/dance/cheer teams
- using time and stress management skills
- developing special activities for your peers
- and most importantly...having fun while you are doing it!
This course will develop skills and provide year-long required opportunities for students to practice their competence in the following areas of the California Leadership and Student Activities Standards...
- Communication: Written, Interviewing Skills, Public Speaking, Crowd Control, Conflict Resolution, Creative Thinking, Evaluation, and Interpersonal Skills.
- Service Learning: Presentation Skills, Community Service, Citizenship
- Government: Government Hierarchy, Legal Procedures, Elections, Organizations, Effective Meetings, Personal Growth
- Social Development: Group Dynamics/Diversity, Goal Setting, Interpersonal Skills, and Self Esteem
- Business: Marketing, Finance/Accounting, Advertising, Customer Service, Communication, and Business Law
All positions are determined by a combination of completing a required application process, a brief written paper, an interview, and teacher references. Leadership students must maintain a 2.0 GPA with no Fs.
This is a co-curricular class that requires time outside of the class period to carry out the planned activities. ASB night events will be required, i.e. set up for Home of the Jaguars homecoming spirit week, assigned practices for rallies, ASB generated half-time events at games, lunchtime games/activities, and after-school assigned shifts for fundraisers or community service learning projects.
Students must fulfill 20 hours of service each quarter at Kimball events like plays, concerts and sporting events. All sports activities will be prioritized and selected by the Leadership class as mandatory and required activities. All students will be held accountable to work in their assigned shifts and to complete all assigned tasks within their elected/selected offices. In addition, community service opportunities are selected by the class.
For more information, please contact Matt Soeth, KHS Activities Director at email@example.com.