~According to TRACY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
A student must earn 220 units of credits according to the subject requirements listed below and pass the California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) to receive a diploma of graduation from a comprehensive high school. Students who complete 220 credits but do not pass the CAHSEE, will earn a Certificate of Completion, instead of a diploma. Students earn 5 credits per course, per semester. Students should complete a minimum of 30 credits per semester and 60 per year.
- Social Science/History 30 credits
- World History
- U.S. History
- Economics/American Government
English 40 credits Grades 9-12
- Mathematics 20 credits
- 10 credits must be earned in Algebra I or Algebra II.
- Students must be enrolled in a math class until they pass the math portion of the High School Exit Exam.
- Science 30 credits
- Two of the three years of Science must include one Physical Science course and one Biology course
- The third year of science can be chosen from either discipline, Life Science or Physical Science.
Fine Arts or World Language 10 credits
- Physical Education (PE) 20 credits
- 10 credits must include CORE, our freshman level PE