It is time to Build Your Future...
Assistant Principal: Dan Mahoney
MCM Pathway Coordinator: Ken Utt
Secretary: Kay Phenix
Counselors: David Solva and Amy Thompson (AVID, SpecEd, EL)
Choose an area of focus
- Alternative Energies
- Engineering (Civil)
- Interior Architectural Design
Calendar of Coming Events -
Freshman ACI Meeting for parents and students sometime during the week of Aug. 9th- Aug. 15th.
Field Trips - (Planning is in the works)
Lawrence Livermore Lab
Altamont Windmill Center
N.C.C.E.R. Certifications! We are excited to announce certification programs that are new to KHS, but that are well known in these fields. Students who complete specific programs will receive recognized credentials and have marketable skills for the job market. NCCER stands for the National Center for Construction and Research.
Helpful ACI Links & Resources-
- Build Your Future
- Starting on your career path
- Earning Potential (From the BYF website)
- Building Big - A PBS series on building bridges, skyscrapers, dams, and tunnels.
- Great Buildings architecture around the world with 3D models, photographic images and architectural drawings, and more, for famous designers, and structures of all kinds.
- The Big Draw with David Macaulay-A video from The National Building Museum's exhibition, David Macaulay: The Art of Drawing Architecture. It showcases his work and explores his drawing and research process. (June 23, 2007)
Architecture, Construction, & Design Electives:
- AP Studio Art
- AP Art History
- Interior Design I
- Computer Literacy
- Intro to Auto CAD
- Construction Tech I, II
- Materials and Methods
- Intro & Adv Graphic Design
- Environmental Science/AP
- Intro to Construction Industry
- Interior/Architectural Design I, II
*Electives offered may change due to program needs.