Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

Student Registration

Who do I contact to learn where my child will attend school?

Tracy Unified is divided into school attendance boundaries or zones based on our district’s geography. Your home address will determine your school attendance boundary. To verify your child’s school attendance boundary, contact the district’s Student Services Department at (209) 830-3280 or the Facilities Department at (209) 830-3245. The school district is the only official source of attendance boundary information – please do not rely on other sources for this important information.

Where do I register my child for school?

Visit the school site in your attendance boundary to register your child. Staff members in the school office will help you through this process. Our school offices are typically open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekdays. Student registrations will not be taken until the student is ready to attend our school. Students cannot be registered in two public schools at the same time. Students cannot be registered at the district’s central offices.

What information is required to register my child?

Only a child’s parent or legal guardian can register a student for school. Parents must complete a student registration packet provided by the school and present the following documents:

  • A picture identification of the parent or legal guardian
  • The student’s up-to-date immunization record. This is a yellow or blue card that can be provided by your child’s doctor.
  • Proof of residency within Tracy Unified district boundaries. Parent or legal guardian must complete the Residency Affidavit form.
  • A birth certificate or acceptable equivalent must be provided.
  • California Law now requires students to have had an oral health assessment (dental check-up) in either kindergarten or first grade, whichever is his or her first year in public school. Assessments that have happened within the 12 months before a child enters school also meet this requirement. The law specifies that the assessment must be done by a licensed dentist or other licensed or registered dental health professional.

Do I need to provide any additional information if my family is residing in Tracy with a relative or friend?

Yes. When parents and their students are living in the home of a relative or friend, additional information is required to register students in a Tracy Unified school. A “Verification of Tracy Residency” form must be completed. This form must be signed by the student’s parent as well as the Tracy resident who is hosting the student’s family. The Tracy resident must be present when the form is submitted to the school, and is required to provide a picture identification and proof of residency.

When can I register my child for school?

Kindergarten has a specific registration period. For kindergarten registration dates, contact the school office. Student registration for grades 1-12 takes place throughout the school year.


The first day of the 2014-15 school year is Monday, August 11, 2014


How are records from my child’s former school transferred to the new school?

When parents register their child to attend school in our district, they will be asked to sign a “Request for Student Records Transfer” form. Parents will need to provide the name and address of their student’s former school. The schools then work together to make sure the student’s records are received by the new school.

Who do I contact if I have questions about student registration?

If you have questions about student registration, contact the office staff at your child’s new school in Tracy Unified or contact our Student Services Department at (209) 830-3280.

When does high school registration take place?

Beginning of August.  Please contact your student's high school for grade level registration dates and times.