Measure E School Bond: Passed June 6, 2006
Measure E is a $51 million school bond which will repair and renovate Tracy High School and complete West High School. All of the needed projects will be completed using a combination of bond funds and state matching funds. The funds from Measure E are necessary to secure State matching funds.
At Tracy High School, Measure E will provide funds to:
- Replace aging portable classrooms with new permanent classrooms.
- Demolish and replace the condemned building on campus (West Building) with permanent classrooms.
- Modernize school restrooms and replace aging plumbing systems.
- Upgrade and replace the electrical system to provide students more access to computers and classroom technology.
- Replace heating and ventilating systems with a new energy efficient system that will also air condition the school.
- Replace decaying water, sewer and gas lines.
- Modernize older classrooms.
At West High School, Measure E will provide funds to:
- Construct a stadium complex for school and community use.
- Build a swimming pool for use by both Physical Education classes and the community.
- Build a teaching theatre for school and community use to enhance the music, drama and other performing arts programs.
- Construct permanent classrooms to augment new facilities.
For more information on Measure E, please contact the District Office at (209) 830-3200.
Tracy Unified Citizen’s Oversight Committee Members for Measure E
- Contact Phone Number: (209) 839-1259
- PTA President at Poet-Christian School for two years and served as a parent classroom volunteer for six years. Also involved with Tracy Babe Ruth. Two children attend Poet-Christian School.
- Contact Phone Number: (209) 833-1381
- Accountant. Treasurer for the MPTC at McKinley Elementary School. Served on the District Facilities Committee.
- Contact Phone Number: (209) 836-2606
- Retired real estate broker and financial management auditor. Assistant Scout Master for Boy Scouts of America. Member of Tracy Golden Agers. Volunteer for McHenry House and Tracy High Senior Parent Club.
- Contact Phone Number: (209) 835-8880
- Small business owner since 1994. Three children attend Art Freiler.
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer with the Phoenix Program. Lifelong educator with a Ph.D. in Educational Leadership and resident within TUSD boundaries for 11 years.
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Retired business and military man with two son who have graduated from TUSD schools. Lived within TUSD boundaries for 25 years .
Alternates (One-year renewable by Board of Trustees: Does not have term limit
- Contact Phone Number: (209) 835-2235
- Member of numerous committees with the Tracy Chamber of Commerce, TUSD, City of Tracy, Tracy Women's Forum Association, Sutter Tracy Healthy Connections' Family Success Team, Relay for Life, Lathrop Chamber of Commerce, GSEAC, SJHRA, Friends of the Central Valley Regional Events Center, Girl Scouts Troop #1267, Tracy Cougars Youth Football and Cheer, Surtec Adopt-A-Family and Art Freiler School Science Olympiad.
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent of TUSD students. Former TUSD director and assistant superintendent. Currently employed by San Joaquin County Office of Education.
The Measure E Citizens' Oversight Committee meets quarterly.
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Former teacher and principal of TUSD schools. Former member of Tracy Kiwanis Club and Tracy Boys & Girls Club. Tracy Little League Coach and Volunteer for twelve years. Member of AARP.
Meetings are held in the District Education Center Board Room located at 1875 W. Lowell Ave.