Measure E School Bond: Passed June 6, 2006
Measure E is a $51 million school bond which will repair and renovate Tracy High School and complete West High School. All of the needed projects will be completed using a combination of bond funds and state matching funds. The funds from Measure E are necessary to secure State matching funds.
At Tracy High School, Measure E will provide funds to:
- Replace aging portable classrooms with new permanent classrooms.
- Demolish and replace the condemned building on campus (West Building) with permanent classrooms.
- Modernize school restrooms and replace aging plumbing systems.
- Upgrade and replace the electrical system to provide students more access to computers and classroom technology.
- Replace heating and ventilating systems with a new energy efficient system that will also air condition the school.
- Replace decaying water, sewer and gas lines.
- Modernize older classrooms.
At West High School, Measure E will provide funds to:
- Construct a stadium complex for school and community use.
- Build a swimming pool for use by both Physical Education classes and the community.
- Build a teaching theatre for school and community use to enhance the music, drama and other performing arts programs.
- Construct permanent classrooms to augment new facilities.
For more information on Measure E, please contact the District Office at (209) 830-3200.
Tracy Unified Citizen’s Oversight Committee Members for Measure E
- Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employee of Boys & Girls Club of Tracy. Graduate of Tracy High. Member of Tracy Tax Watch and Mello-Roos Citizens or Tax Equity in Tracy.
- Contact E-mail: email@example.com
- Former TUSD employee who served as teacher, principal and director. Member of TRAQC Education Foundation Board and AARP.
- Contact Phone Number: (209) 839-1259
- PTA President at Poet-Christian School for two years and served as a parent classroom volunteer for six years. Also involved with Tracy Babe Ruth. Two children attend Poet-Christian School.
- Contact Phone Number: (209) 835-5096
- Retired Owner/Manager of Yerian’s Tire Service. BS in Marketing from California State University, Fresno. 1988 Tracy Citizen of the Year. Member of Tracy Kiwanis Club and SIRS-46, Stockton. Currently has grandchildren in TUSD and four of his children are graduates of Tracy High.
- Contact Phone Number: (209) 833-1381
- Accountant. Treasurer for the MPTC at McKinley Elementary School. Served on the District Facilities Committee.
Alternates (One-year renewable by Board of Trustees: Does not have term lim
- Contact Phone Number: (209) 836-2606
- Retired real estate broker and financial management auditor. Assistant Scout Master for Boy Scouts of America. Member of Tracy Golden Agers. Volunteer for McHenry House and Tracy High Senior Parent Club.
The Measure E Citizens' Oversight Committee meets quarterly.
Meetings are held in the District Education Center Board Room located at 1875 W. Lowell Ave.