Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Frequently Asked Questions about TUSD
Where can I find school phone numbers and addresses?
School phone numbers and addresses are listed in our School Directory.
How do I register a child for school?
Registration takes place at the child's zoned school.  Visit the Student Registration page for more information.
Where do I find the school lunch menu?
The school lunch menu can be accessed on the Food Services Department page.
Where do I find information about school ratings and test scores?
Visit the School Accountability Report Card page for detailed information on each of our schools.
When can I register my child for school?
Kindergarten has a specific registration period. For kindergarten registration dates, contact the school office. Student registration for grades 1-12 takes place throughout the school year.
The first day of the 2019-20 school year is Tuesday, August 6, 2019
How are records from my child’s former school transferred to the new school?
When parents register their child to attend school in our district, they will be asked to sign a “Request for Student Records Transfer” form. Parents will need to provide the name and address of their student’s former school. The schools then work together to make sure the student’s records are received by the new school.
Who do I contact if I have questions about student registration?
If you have questions about student registration, contact the office staff at your child’s new school in Tracy Unified or contact our Student Services Department at (209) 830-3280.
When does high school registration take place?
At the beginning of August. Please contact your student's high school for grade level registration dates and times.
Where can I find a map that shows district and school boundaries?
You can find the map on our website by accessing the District Map or street-by-street School Boundary information on the School Boundaries page.
Can my child transfer to another school?
Yes, but transfers are awarded upon availability. You can obtain an Intradistrict Transfer form from your school, the District Office or the TUSD website. Visit the Transfer Page for more information.
Can my child transfer to another school district?
Yes, please visit the District Office or the TUSD website for an Interdistrict Transfer form. Visit the Transfer Page for more information.
When does school start/end? Where can I get a calendar?
Visit the SCHOOL CALENDAR page. The 2019-20 school year begins on Tuesday, August 6, 2019.
When do high school graduations take place?
TUSD 2019 High School Graduations will take place at each respective school's stadium at 9:00 a.m. as follows:
West High School: Saturday, May 25, 2019
Kimball High School: Saturday, May 25, 2019
Tracy High School:  Saturday, May 25, 2019
How can I get more involved in my child's education/school?
Visit the how can you Help Your Student page for more information. Also, parents are encouraged to read through the Gateway to Tomorrow: Strategic Goals. For volunteer information and local community education programs, please visit the Parent Involvement page.
Where can I find information about preschools and other before and after school program options?
Before and After School Program options can be viewed on the ​Before and After School Programs link on the Our Schools page. Preschool information can be obtained by speaking to the District School Readiness Coordinator, Rocio Garcia at (209) 830-3275 extension 1507.
I have a complaint about a school or an employee. Who should I speak with?
The Tracy Unified School District takes all complaints seriously and shall investigate and seek to resolve any complaints alleging failure to comply with such laws and/or alleging unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying in accordance with the uniform complaint procedures. (5 CCR 4620) 
Complaints may be submitted to the appropriate department and/or office.  Please review the District's Board Policy regarding Uniform Complaint Procedures.
You may also review the Public Concerns document on the Board of Education page.
Does TUSD offer bus transportation?
Yes. Visit the TRANSPORTATION Department for more information.
When and where are Board of Education meetings?
Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 7 p.m. in the District Education Center Board Room. For more information about meetings and the Board of Education, visit the Board of Education page.
What are Tracy Unified's high school graduation requirements?
For information about current graduation requirements please visit the Graduation Requirements page.
How many students are currently enrolled in Tracy Unified?
There are more than 15,000 students enrolled for the 2018-2019  school year.
If you need further assistance, please call the District Education Center at (209) 830-3200.